The Springfield Free Public Library is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated librarian to assume the newly created position of Assistant Director. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- MLS or equivalent degree from an accredited program
- NJ Professional Librarian certificate, or eligibility to apply for one
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a public library
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong competency in basic library IT
- Strong competency in social media
- Ability to mentor and motivate employees
- Experience with grant writing a plus
- Experience in Youth Services a plus
Duties to include:
- Responsibility for oversight of routine maintenance tasks that occur on a regular basis, including roof inspection, fire extinguisher inspector, gutter cleaning, lawn sprinkler system, landscape upgrades, HVAC switchover
- Handle all staff scheduling, including vacation, sick and personal days as well as public service desk hours.
- Assist with IT problems as necessary
- Along with Director, attend all library board meetings and take meeting minutes
- Perform annual evaluations for all non-professional employees.
- Provide coverage at the Youth Services desk when necessary.
- Provide regular rotation of coverage at the adult services reference desk when necessary.
- Assist Library Director in developing new program series, including a reconstituted library book discussion group.
- Assume responsibility for all library functions and operations when the Director is on vacation or otherwise unavailable.
- All other duties as delegated by the Library Director
This is a full time position constituting a minimum of 35 hours per week and which may include the occasional scheduling of evening and weekend hours, including Sundays. Hiring Range for this position is $65,000-$70,000, and an accompanying benefits package.
The Springfield Free Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.