Teens ages 14+ are eligible to volunteer at the Springfield Free Public Library. Teen volunteers are expected to plan and lead public programs for teens and/or children. Those interested in volunteering for the library, for one hour a week, can pick up a volunteer application from the Youth Services Department. Applications are not available online. Please come in-person to pick up an application.
Please understand that volunteer positions are limited and that the library cannot accommodate everyone seeking community service hours.
Teen Book Awards
William C. Morris YA Debut Award
Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
YALSA's Teens Top Ten 2018
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez
- Paper Hearts by Ali Novak
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Once and For All by Sarah Dessen